If your main reason for not booking your filling appointment has something to do with needle induced anxiety, you’ve come to the right place. Laser dentistry is a holistic approach to dentistry. Honeysuckle Dental is well versed in laser dentistry, meaning we’re able to perform those typically uncomfortable procedures without the uncomfortable elements. Laser dentistry eliminates the use of other dental tools like scalpels, drills, and needles. It is the highly favoured way to get dental work done for nervous patients, or even patients who aren’t nervous but prefer a less intrusive experience at the dentist.
What is laser dentistry?Laser dentistry is performed with the use of strong, concentrated, beams of light energy targeting the treatment area of the patients mouth or teeth. They are easy tools for a dentist to use and can make careful incisions, vaporize tissue, remove tooth decay, and remove soft tissue from gums.
Is it safe?Laser dentistry is an extremely advantageous way of receiving treatments. Lasers have been used in dentistry since the 90’s and have shown exceptional results during and post treatment. Here are some reasons why laser dentistry is preferred by patients:
- Laser dentistry eliminates the use of dental drills and needles in the treatment.
- Laser dentistry is so precise. It hones in on the targeted area only, minimising the possibility for the surrounding areas to be affected.
- Lasers are especially effective dental tools because they sterilise the areas in contact which can prevent bacterial infections.
- Lasers promote blood clotting, therefore, there is much less bleeding involved.
- Following the treatment, patients require much less time to recover and wounds heal faster.
Our laser dentistry:Our practice offers the use of lasers for several of our treatments including:
- Teeth whitening
- Restoration dentistry (root canal therapy)
- Soft tissue surgery
- Hard tissue surgery
- Laser periodontics (gum treatments)